Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Medical Appointment With The Urologist At The General Hospital

This morning I had my second appointment with the Urologist at the General Hospital. A much younger and very friendly doctor attended to me today. After some discussion about my health conditions, and the possible options, basically these are what have been finalised today at the Urological Department of the Surgical Clinic:

  • A PCNL (percutaneous nephrolithotomy) to remove my kidney stone has been tentatively scheduled for April 2009. But this is subject to the advice of the Cardiologist on whether my "heart condition" can still allow me to go ahead with the operation (surgery). My next appointment with the Cardiac Department is in Dec 2008.
  • My next appointment with the Urologist will be somewhere in Jan 2009 (just AFTER my appointment with the Cardiologist in Dec 2008. I wanted to make the appointment but was informed by the staff behind the "appointment counter" that their computer system has not been updated yet to accept appointments for 2009. I was advised to come back somewhere around Nov 2008 to make the appointment.
  • The Urologist added a new medicine to my daily medication: "ALLOPURINOL" for my gout.

So, as of this moment, my daily medication list is getting longer with a new type of medicine:


  • ACETYLSALICYLIC ACID SOLUBLE 300 MG TABLET -
  • 0.25 TABLET DAILY (TTL: 75MG DAILY)
  • PERINDOPRIL 4MG TABLE -
  • 1.00 TABLET DAILY (TTL: 4MG DAILY)
  • BISOPROLOL 5MG TABLET -
  • 0.50 TABLET DAILY (TTL: 2.5MG DAILY)
  • LOVASTATIN 20MG TABLET -
  • 1.00 TABLET DAILY (TTL: 20MG DAILY)
  • METFORMIN 0.5G TABLET -
  • 2.00 TABLETS DAILY (TTL: 1G DAILY)
  • ALLOPURINOL 150MG TABLET -
  • 0.50 TABLET 2 TIMES DAILY (TTL: 300MG DAILY)

Yep, hehe I am taking many types of medicine now.


brb

2 comments:

Nancie said...

Hi, I like your picture :)

Hope you are feeling better. Take care. Praying for you.

Montotter said...

Thank you Nancie. I am much better now.

cheers.